Friday, March 6, 2009

New Babydoll Lamb

Isn't he adorable! This is the first babydoll lamb we have had born on the farm! He was born about 11:50 pm on March 4. His name is Rambo!
Fortunately we heard his mother, Abigail, over the baby monitor and were able to get outside quickly. He was very lethargic and unable to stand. I think it was just so cold!

Abigail was cleaning him off but it was so cold we helped by rubbing him with towels, putting him under the heat lamp and finally I went an got my hair dryer. Since he was so cold, I wasn't going to bring him in...I was determined he wasn't going to be a bottle baby! I tubed him three times with colostrum from Abigail and then remember reading about giving them some coffee to jolt their system!! Guess what it worked! We still our keeping an eye on him as he doesn't appear as thrifty as I would like him to be...but he is still with Mom and seems to be doing okay. He is up and nursing...just doesn't appear to have alot of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment