Wednesday, March 18, 2009

All Good Things In The End!

Yeah my PhatFiber Box arrived! These are some of my little ones! They make you smile on any day! Cheap therapy!

Take a look at this! I just love the presentation!
Winemakerssister..awesome stamp! Could you make an angora goat??? Pretty please!



Love the sachet presentation and yes I want more than just fiber! What will I do with it all!!



My favorite colors! NerdClub's roving is awesome!




Altered visions fiber is fantastic! Can't wait to spin it up!







My weakness is handspun...more please!







What alot of effort on Betty's part and the colors are very soothing...just like the cuppa tea I'm going to have while pondering what I'm going to embellish with her mini skeins!








Too cute...My husband called and I told him the best little thing in my box was the stitch marker from Yarndemon! It looks just like my little dog! Could I also have an angora please!













What a bright spot in my day! My PhatFiber Box arrived! What started out as an uncertain path has led me and I'm sure others into a whole new buisness/marketing stratedgy that really works! I am thrilled! Check out what PhatFiber is all about by visiting Jessies blog , http://phatfiber.blogspot.com/.
I don't think I could let this day go by without mentioning that 1 year ago today our 1890 bank barn was burned to the ground by an arsonist in the middle of the night...We awoke to explosions from the propane in the barn at 3:19 in the morning. I got to it first and their wasn't anything I could do it was fully engulfed. It was the most heart wrenching thing that has ever happened to me! I knew my does and their newborn kids were still in the barn and I couldn't get them out..it was just too late. We lost 16 angora goats, every piece of farm equipment we owned, all my horse tack, goat and sheep tack...just everything! We didn't even have a bucket for the animals that were left who were on other parts of the farm!
We have rebuilt...see pic of new barn! We have replaced most of the animals and have begun to replace our equipment! We have moved on but will always remember that cold March night!





























5 comments:

  1. There is something to be cherished about all our little goats; they simply do as mother nature instructs.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you to ease the agony of the memory.

    And wishes of strength for the future.
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've visited your blog, love all the photos. Your babies are so adorable!

    What a horrible thing to have happend to you, but I'm so glad that you & your family weren't hurt & that you've rebuilt. Many prayers your way...

    And thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my stitch marker. :) I'll research the angora & see what I can come up with. To be honest I thought angora just came from bunnies. LOL Shows what I know huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of the cute babies.

    What a horrible thing to have happened to your animals and barn, especially at he hands of an arsonist. I am so sorry for your losses, but you have done a great job of rebuilding your lives. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you deal with the memories of that horrible night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading about it when Colleen sent it around VAGMA- my blood ran cold for you. Just thinking about it, it still does.

    Your new babies look so good- you've come a long way and I'll keep sending you all the positive thoughts I can.

    ReplyDelete