Monday, February 9, 2009

Farrier Day Angst

Along with all of our fiber producing animals we also have two horses. We first were "given" Blondie when she was 20 she is now approaching 24 ( she is on the left) and then we have Cruzer who Steve bought because he wanted a big black horse. Cruzer will be 14 in the fall. Well needless to say I have absolutely no time to ride them but that could change and I could never get rid of them...no matter what my husband thinks. Well every 6-8 weeks they need to have their hooves trimmed or new shoes put on depending on what time of year it is. Well I admit it I have farrier angst! Blondie is fine and just a dear . She would stand still until the cows came home but Cruzer is another story! With the first farrier I had he would rear and buck and was just awful hence my dread! Now with the new farrier he is much better but I still have that apprehension in the back of my mind that he is going to act up. It is totally the uncertainity...because he was fine today. What a relief! Another 8 weeks of reprieve from farrier day Angst!

No comments:

Post a Comment