Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter AHHH

Well frozen ground, frozen buckets, frozen hose because yesterday I couldn't get it to lie flat to drain because I would have had to cross a glacier to get to it so therefore the bottom kinked. I guess the true farmer is like the mailman through snow, sleet and heat of day to do his (her) job HMM did I sign up for this? We are waiting for the goats and sheep to kid and lamb. Their due date if they actually bred on the day we put them in with the bucks and rams was the 11th. We have a baby monitor hooked up in the barn with the receiver in the kitchen and then a second monitor in the kitchen with the receiver on my nightstand to be able to hear if anything is going on. I also check on them periodically throughout the day. It is nerve wracking to say the least but I wouldn't trade this type of life to go back to the city for anything. Will post as soon as babies start to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment